Keep the evening rush hour in mind!
Leave on time. You can still eat a meal, a sandwich or soup in the café.
- Coming from Brussels Airport, take the A201 direction Brussels.
- At exit 4 take the R0.
- Then drive on to the E40 via exit 10 (directions continue below).
- Coming from Antwerp, Brussels, Oostende, Kortrijk (E40, E17)
- If you go for the cheapest parking (Parking Sint-Pietersplein):
- Take the ‘Gent Centrum’ exit, then follow the ‘Alle Richtingen’ sign.
- Once you’re off the viaduct, turn left at the lights (under the viaduct). This will lead you onto the Ghent ring road.
- At the second lights, take a right turn, into the Overpoortstraat.
- Continue along this street until you arrive at the Sint-Pietersplein.
- There’s an inexpensive underground parking lot located here.
- Vooruit is situated on the Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat, at walking distance from the parking lot (see also: parking)
- If you go for the closest parking (Parking Gent Zuid):
- Take the ‘Gent Centrum’ exit, then follow the ‘Gent Centrum’ sign once again instead of the ‘Alle Richtingen’ sign.
- Once you’re off the viaduct, go straight on at the light (park on your left side).
- Keep in the left lane. Like this, you can drive straight into the parking lot.
- When leaving the parking lot, keep the library to your left and the shopping centre to your right and walk up to Vooruit (see also below, under parking)